Determining the value of an ownership interest in a closely-held business requires a blend of art and science. Valuation requires a deep understanding of accounting, finance, and economics as well as business operations. That is why the Shannon & Associates valuation team holds advanced degrees and valuation certifications that fit with this discipline. Our clients are business owners, attorneys, and other trusted advisors.
Are you in need of business valuation? Our Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) professionals can provide business valuations for closely-held businesses for the following purposes:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Purchase or sale of ownership interest
- Gift and estate tax
- Bank financing
- Business planning
- Business Disputes
- Succession and Corporate Planning
- Real Estate Holding Entities
- Expert witness or litigation consulting
A unique perspective
Shannon & Associates offers a unique approach. Our valuation professionals are all CPAs and as a result have diverse experience in understanding business in all aspects including financial, tax, and valuation. Our mission is to be our client’s most trusted business advisor and that means understanding value and how we can help our clients reach their full potential.
We can customize the report to fit your needs and your budget while meeting your third party needs.
Our business valuation process is simple:
- Step 1: Initial Consultation: We will discuss your industry, why your valuation is needed, and the size of your company.
- Step 2: Project Quote: Based on the initial consultation, we will prepare a quote for the business valuation project.
- Step 3: Engagement Agreement: If you would like to proceed, we will send over the engagement agreement.
- Step 4: Data Gathering: We will gather the information necessary to complete the valuation through the completion of our business questionnaire and requesting some financial information.
- Step 5: Valuation Analysis: We will take the answers from the questionnaire and analyst the provided company financial statements.
- Step 6: Valuation Report and Discussion: We will provide you a report copy. We will also schedule a meeting to discuss results if you desire.
No matter what the purpose of the business valuation our goal is to educate business owners regarding the process and what drives value in a business and so that you have a strong understanding of the outcome.
Working with Shannon & Associates on my business valuation was an insightful process that allowed me to make changes and ultimately increase the value of my business by becoming educated as to what drives value