“ I am an advocate for my clients. Their success is important to me and I will do what I can to identify opportunities for my clients and assist them in achieving their goals. I want to develop long-term relationships with my clients and work with them in every aspect of their business and personal finances.”
Experience and Expertise
Lois has more than 32 years of experience in providing accounting, business consulting, and tax advisory services to clients of all sizes and sectors in the midwest and northwest.
Lois started in public accounting working as a financial auditor for an international accounting firm. She worked for five years in the insurance industry, where she started an internal audit function for the company. For the past 24 years, Lois has worked in public accounting in the financial and tax areas for businesses and individuals.
Industries served include manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industries that are privately owned. Lois also enjoys working with start ups and their challenges. She has expertise in the areas of federal, state and local tax compliance.
Working with individuals on their personal tax returns and planning is another area of interest. Expertise includes estate, gift, and trust work.
- Touche Ross & Co, Omaha, NE 1983-1985 – Audit
- Central States of Omaha, Omaha, NE 1985-1990 – Internal Audit
- Wolf CPA Services, Federal Way, WA 1991-2008 – Tax and financial work
- Shannon & Associates LLP, Kent, WA 2008- current – Tax and financial work
Certifications, Memberships, and Involvement
- Certified Public Accountant - 1983
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA), member
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Nexia State and Local Tax Group for North America, member
- Quick Books consulting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting (Western Washington University)