Laura Koenig, CPA
Senior Tax Manager
“I am an advocate for my clients. Their success is important to me and I will do what I can to identify opportunities for my clients and assist them in achieving their goals. I want to develop long-term relationships with my clients and work with them in every aspect of their business and personal finances.”
Experience and Expertise
Laura has more than 25 years of experience in providing accounting, business consulting, and tax advisory services to clients of all sizes and industries.
Laura has worked at several CPA firms and has focused on income and estate tax. She works with clients that are privately held and consults on income tax matters related to transactions and compliance. She also works on business transitions services such as assisting to transition family business to the next generation or to 3rd parties. Throughout her career she has also assisted clients move through high growth and development phases.
Industries served include manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate and land development, medical services, fishing and oil and gas. She has expertise in the areas of federal and state income tax compliance.
Working with individuals on their personal tax returns and planning is another area of interest. Expertise includes estate, gift, and trust work.
- Patrick Rhodes & Associates, Federal Way WA 1996-2011
- Shannon & Associates LLP, Kent, WA 2011- current
Certifications, Memberships, and Involvement
- Certified Public Accountant – 1993
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA), member
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Estate Planning Council of South King County, board member
- CAMPS (Center for Advanced Manufacturing in Puget Sound), participant
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting (University of Washington)