“More than anything else, I enjoy the opportunity to build a deep relationship with my clients. This enables better collaboration, more idea generation and exchange, and ultimately a feeling that we can both enjoy wins and successes.”
Experience and Expertise
Julie has been serving clients for more than 25 years – 23 of those with Shannon & Associates. While she primarily provides audit, review, and compilation services, she also consults with clients on process improvement, internal controls, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning.
Her industry experience spans several uniquely different industries including retail and wholesale, manufacturing, professional services, contractors, nonprofits, restaurants and food service, associations and a variety of other closely-held businesses. While her broad and deep industry experience is beneficial to her clients, Julie adds value to her client relationships through a deep understanding of the acute challenges and opportunities they face. Julie is committed to helping her clients achieve their goals and is seen as a true partner in her clients’ success.
Julie is a specialist in providing employee benefit plan audits and consulting and is in charge of this special niche area for the firm. Julie is also a technical resource for the firm as the leader of the Quality Control Team.
With the ultimate goal of providing extraordinary client service, Julie approaches every engagement and client relationship by first understanding her clients’ wants and expectations. By probing deeper during initial and subsequent conversations, she often uncovers problems and issues the client didn’t realize they had. Ultimately, by giving her clients not only what they want, but also what they need, she elevates her role in the relationship from accountant to trusted advisor.
Certifications, Memberships, and Involvement
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA), member
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Western Pension Benefits Conference, member
- Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound (CAMPS), member
- Women in Manufacturing Washington, member
- Nexia International, Audit and Accounting Group, member
- Shannon & Friends Foundation, board member and secretary
- Governmental Audit Quality Control Center (GAQC), member
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC), member
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Accounting (Western Washington University)
When not in the office, you’ll find Julie…
…mentoring young accountants, enjoying time with family and friends, baking chocolate-chip cookies, camping and fishing, or traveling to warm and sunny destinations.