“I love serving our employees, helping to making our firm a great place to work, creating an environment where they can grow and serve clients.”
Experience and Expertise
Julia has over 25 years’ experience in CPA firm management. She is responsible for the day to day operations, human resources, business development, recruiting, staffing, client relations, internal communications and policy development, new technology implementation and training. She also serves clients in the areas of accounting services, process improvement and reporting, human resources policies and education as well as recruiting top finance talent.
For Julia, getting to work in a firm where best practices and change is a culture is exciting and rewarding. Her approach is RESULTS oriented starting with collaboration, organization and implementation whether it be for projects within Shannon & Associates or serving clients, she looks for opportunities to offer both technical and best practices advice to help them grow and reach their goals. Her goal is to work both with clients and the firm’s professionals to create partnerships and services that help both grow and prosper.
Certifications, Memberships, and Involvement
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), SHRM-CPS Certification and Member
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), SPHR Certification and Member
- CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA), member and Washington Chapter President
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Kent Chamber, Board Member 2016-Present
- Multi Care Foundation Board Member 2017-Present
When not in the office, you’ll find Julia…
…with her husband Ray on a field or court volunteering and cheering for her two boys Garrett and Aaron.
Julia is a non-licensed CPA firm owner.