Let us show you why we were named one of Accounting Today’s Top Firms to Work for! If you are passionate about serving clients, value working in a collaborative environment, and are an experienced tax professional, you are who we are looking for! Shannon & Associates is a leading local CPA and Management Consulting firm that continues to grow while providing quality service to businesses and successful individuals.
We are looking for an experienced auditor with at least 2 years of prior public accounting experience, with a focus on audit. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct internal control and risk assessments
- Maintain and follow a comprehensive audit program including audit plans, policies, and procedures
- Performance and documentation of complex audit procedures.
- Analyze data obtained from audits for evidence of internal control weaknesses, operational inefficiency, or lack of compliance with laws, governmental regulations, or management policies and procedures
- Planning, scheduling, and managing staff
- Monitoring fieldwork and performing a review of workpapers and reports
- Demonstrate the ability to be relationship-focused and professional in a client environment
- Demonstrate leadership skills and supervise and train engagement teams
What can we offer you?
We can offer you a great work environment working on meaningful work, technical and leadership development, a good work/life blend philosophy, advanced technology systems and equipment, professional development and advancement opportunities along with a competitive salary and benefits package. With over 60 years of history, we have the ability to offer you an opportunity to work with diverse and varied clientele allowing you to gain advanced experience in a variety of practice areas as well as various industries. You will have the opportunity to work closely with clients and to develop your leadership, technical and professional skills while working on challenging and exciting engagements.
To be considered further, candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years prior public accounting experience, with a focus on audit
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced and proven audit-related career track record including at least 2 years audit experience in public accounting.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with audit and internal control concepts and techniques
- Superior client relationship skills
- Desire to have FUN and grow within the profession