Fraud Prevention & Efficiency
- Do you put a lot of trust in a few key employees?
- Are you in a period of organizational cutbacks and need to do more with fewer resources?
- Do you want peace of mind that processes and procedures in place at your organization are appropriate to prevent or detect either errors or fraud?
- Do you ever wonder what key things management should focus on to maintain adequate oversight and control while not occupying all your valuable time?
- Are you in a period of expansion or growth and want to ensure you have adequate resources devoted to key processes?
- Do you want to improve efficiencies in your processes while not compromising the accuracy and reliability of the work product?
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions above you may be a perfect candidate for a process review.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2012 Fraud Report to the Nations the average business loses 5% of its revenue every year to fraud. Due to their limited resources, privately owned companies and not for profit companies can be especially devastated by a loss of funds to fraud. Resource restrictions in these organizations often mean less investment in anti-fraud controls, which makes them more susceptible to fraud.
At Shannon & Associates, LLP our goal is to raise awareness about fraud prevention in privately owned companies and not for profit companies by providing necessary training and helping to design a system of that strengthen the organizations prevention and detection methods while not disrupting the efficiency of your processes. In fact, we know resources are limited so we want to leave you feeling like you receive a return on your investment, so while we try to not disrupt efficiency in your organization, we actually want to increase process efficiency in order to ensure the organizations resources are being used to their full potential and you are getting the “biggest bang for your buck” with regards to employee utilization.
Our approach is to work with organization management to design an engagement that directly meets your needs and addresses your concerns. We plan and schedule this work with the convenience of you in mind. We have employees trained and certified in this area to be able to provide you with valuable and cost-effective solutions.
Shannon & Associates, LLP is a registered supporter of International Fraud Awareness week and we are dedicated to providing and support and continued training and awareness related to this devastating epidemic. We are also members of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners which provides updated, current resources and training to employees related to fraud prevention and detection.
Resources: 2012 Fraud Report to the Nations